It really seems like yesterday that I was writing about my 25th birthday. A year has passed me by and it is that time again. 26 – I could well overreact about the fact that I have not ‘a shirt on my back’ nor ‘a penny to my name’ (figuratively). The future is uncertain and the past … rather bleak. But instead, in keeping with… something.. positivity, stupidity – I”m not sure which – I will think about the good things the nice things.
– How my day started with a lovely breakfast.
– How I have a wonderful, strong and fiercely loving family.
– How I have lost two grandparents in the last six months yet I am keeping alive their legacy.
– How it rained today, just as it has for 20 years of my life, every birthday.
– How my friends are fantastic, cheerful and humorous.
– How the last four years have been worth something: good times.
And of course there are the smaller, materialistic pleasures that make birthdays what they are.
Thank you to everyone that has wished me or thought about me today. Amidst my own issues I may not have had time to talk but I am glad for every ounce of support that I get.
I have no wishes to make, just plans to put into action.
And for those of you that read this blog – read ‘Its not about the bike‘ and ‘Every second counts‘ both biographies of Lance Armstrong. For a Texan, he sure can tell it like it is!